Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring is in THE AIR!

For those of you who know me, you know that spring is my favorite time of year! It's not too cold and not too hot and all the flowers are blooming and new animals are being born. Spring is the time of birth or new life, it's exciting! One of my favorite pastimes is to take nature walks with my camera. I don't get to do this very often because life just gets to busy sometimes, but when I feel stressed or in need of a "time out" as my loving family likes to say, I take a walk. It is amazing what a walk in a garden or in the woods will do for your mood and help you to put into perspective what is really important in your life. So today I would like to share some photos of one of my spring walks.
Did you know that dragonflies come in all different colors? I didn't until I started documenting my nature walks. Dragonflies are also difficult to capture an image of. They startle very easy and fly away very fast.

First up we have an orange dragonfly. Isn't he beautiful?



Next is a green dragonfly. He almost blends in with the plant.



And last a blue dragonfly. Pretty cool.



Butterflies are another of my favorite things. They also come in many colors shapes and sizes. Here are some of my favorites.





Now my next example may make some of you cringe and I have to admit they aren't beautiful creatures and can be really scary if they happen to jump on you when you are least expecting it, but they are still one of God's creatures and they have their place on earth too. What am I talking about? Giant grasshoppers! Okay, so I might be a little crazy about some of the things I decided to capture for prosperity, my family sure thinks so. But these grasshoppers are really neat. They don't run away, they don't talk back and they actually will sit and pose for the camera and look you right in the eye. So with no further ado, here are my grasshoppers.



So what else will you find on a nature walk? How about a bumblebee and a lizard?


Aren't they cute?

Okay, so I've showed you that there are bugs in nature and maybe you don't like bugs, most people don't. But they do have their place and captured in their environment, they can be beautiful.

Okay enough of the bugs, now I will share some of my favorite flower images with you so that you can see I'm not completely "bug" crazy and I do draw the line at snakes. Sorry, there is nothing beautiful about them. They are scary and I run as fast as I can when I see one!






I hope that you enjoy these images and the next time you feel stressed, angry or upset, take a nature walk and remember to enjoy life.
Until next time,
GOD Bless,
Tina

No comments:

 
TopOfBlogs Add to Technorati Favorites