Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Baby Shower

Debra's Baby Shower


This past Saturday I attended a baby shower as a guest. Well, I thought I was there as a guest, soon after arriving I was put to work as the photographer. But of course that was fine with me as I never leave home without my camera and will use any excuse to take pictures. Debra is one of my good friends and is currently living in Tennessee but all of her family live here in Walton County so she came home for the shower. It was held at the Pizza Hut in DeFuniak Springs and the place was almost too small to hold all the quests. This will be Debra's second child. Her first child being Katie who turned 18 this year and will graduate from high school in May. Yep! that's right she is starting all over again! So here is a picture of the happy mom to be.

Debra and her husband Chris are very excited about this new edition to their little family and are looking forward to spoiling their new little princess!


Here are a few more pictures from the day....



Here is a close up of the cake. This is one of the cutest cakes I have ever seen at a baby shower! Baby shower cakes sure have changed since I had my children. All my cakes were flat sheet cakes from the bakery with little plastic babies and blocks! Which I might add that I still have tucked away in their memory boxes.


Here is Mom with her new "best mom" nightgown and her first princess and pizza!

Debra was very blessed to have so many friends and family show up and bring tons of gifts! This is going to be one well dressed little princess. The bottom right picture is of Debra and her Mom who had to be bribed to pose for the camera.

Isn't the pink bunny "cuddly" the cutest thing?

Family photo op! From left to right we have The first princess Katie, her Mom and the Mom-to-be, then it's Grandma and next we have Becky, Debra's twin sister and last but not least we have Miss Brittany who is Becky's daughter.

The little princess isn't here yet and she already has her first pair of diamond earrings, courtesy of Aunt Becky and a beautiful memory box from another guest.

Mom received a swing from her first princess and this made her very happy and she finally sat down to enjoy her cake!


And our last picture is of Ms. Debra practicing for the months to come. Miss Alyssa is teething and thought Ms. Debra's necklace would make a wonderful teething ring, then she broke it!


Did you notice that I referred to the expectant child as "the little princess" all through this blog? That's because the mother to be will not tell anyone what the "little princess" name is going to be. They have two names picked out and are waiting until the see "the baby" before they choose the name. Debra explained that they want to make sure her name matches her face! Isn't that sweet?


Well I hope you have enjoyed my blog today and that it brought back fond memories of your own baby shower's or left you with anticipation of your future showers. Until next time..


God Bless,


Tina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tina, This is so sweet you did such a great job on all these pictures & everything you wrote on the blog is so true! I'm so blessed to have such good people like you around when I need them. Thank you so much & I do Love you.. Thanks for being there for me.

 
TopOfBlogs Add to Technorati Favorites